If you are one of the people who were affected by the coronavirus in the state of Tennessee, tomorrow (March 26th) is the first day that you can start applying for emergency funds. Starting at 10am you can apply for up to two months of assistance, through, Tennessee Department of Human Services.
Applicants are required to upload their verification to the application prior to submitting to TDHS. Once the application and verifications have been submitted, no further action will be needed. Applicants DO NOT need to call the DHS office for an interview. Applicants will receive a notification of denial or approval via email within 5 days. If approved, applicants can expect an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card to be sent within 5-7 days of approval via
Here is the breakdown of how much money, funded by the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program will be given.
- $500 for a household of 1-2 persons
- $750 for a household of 3-4 persons
- $1,000 for a household with 5 or more persons
This also does not impact any unemployment that you are already recieving, in order to be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
Families must have been employed as of March 11, 2020, but have since then lost employment or at least 50% of their earned income due to the COVID-19 emergency, include a child under the age of 18 or a pregnant woman, have a valid Social Security Number, must not have resources exceeding $2,000, and the gross and/or unearned monthly income may not exceed 85% of the State’s Median Incomethat’s currently:
- Gross Monthly Income of $2,696 for a household of one.
- Gross Monthly Income of $3,526 for a household of two.
- Gross Monthly Income of $4,356for a household of three.
- Gross Monthly Income of $5,185for a household of four.
- Gross Monthly Income of $6,015for a household of five.
(Photo Credit: PRPhotos)