This Fourth of July weekend, AAA has activated their Tow to Go service, which provides free rides and tows for the holiday weekend to people and their cars that are too drunk to drive. The service is available AAA members and non-members, all you have to do is call them and they’ll give you a ride and is available to people in the following states; FL, GA, IA, MI, ND, NE, TN, WI, CO (Denver), NC (Charlotte) and IN (Fort Wayne/South Bend). All you have to do is call 855-286-8246, the service is free but they ask that you tip their drivers.
The service is available from Friday 6/1 at 6pm – Tuesday 6/5 at 6am, here are the guidelines:
- Free confidential ride available to AAA Members and non-members.
- The AAA tow truck transports the vehicle and driver home or somewhere safe within 10 miles.
- AAA service vehicles are limiting passengers to one (1) per vehicle, with face mask/covering, in accordance with established COVID-19 safety protocols. Additional passengers need to make other arrangements.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled in advance to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead. Always choose a designated driver before celebrating.
- In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.
(Photo Credit: iStockPhoto/m-gucci)