FOR SUMMIT MEDIA RADIO FOOD CITY FUELS IT CONTEST
The following are the official rules of Summit Media, LLC (“Sponsor”) for the FOOD CITY FUELS IT Contest (“Contest”). By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Hot 104.5/WKHT listening area. Individuals age 13 to 17 may be eligible to participate in Contests with the approval of a parent or legal guardian, provided that the parent or legal guardian is a legal U.S. resident at least 18 years of age at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and resides in the sponsoring Summit Media radio station’s listening area, but Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to award certain prizes to or on behalf of any minor. Employees of Summit Media, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Summit Media radio station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and stepparents, siblings and stepsiblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. An individual who has won more than $600 in a Summit Media Contest or Sweepstakes in a calendar year is not eligible to participate in another Summit Media Contest or Sweepstakes in that calendar year unless otherwise specifically stated. One winning entry per contestant. Entrants may not use an assumed name or alias (other than a screen name where a contest involves use of a social media site). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will begin September 20th, 2021 at 9am and end October 24th at 5pm. Sponsor’s office computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
- CONTEST AND HOW TO ENTER. Listeners will win a $25 Food City Gift Card. They will win tickets by playing a contest in the 9am, 1pm and 4pm hours weekdays when the on-air cue to call is given. Caller 5 will win. There will be a second Food City Gift Card Giveaway at select Food City locations during live broadcast events on Fridays in September and October. Each event will award 4 – Food City Gift Cards with an on-site game called :15 to Fuel it. The on-air talent will give each player :15 Seconds to name at least 5 things associated with the question they ask. If they do so, they win a $25 Food City Gift Card. If they cannot, the next game played at that live broadcast event will award $50 in Food City Gift Cards. Schedule of :15 to Fuel it events will be available at www.hot1045.net
- At the time of their call, entrants must provide all requested information, including, their first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The contest administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Contest. Telephone responses to “cues to call” are only official when heard on-air via Sponsor.
- In any contest using on-line voting, unless otherwise stated in the rules of that specific contest, such voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same source, including votes generated by a program, script, macro or other automated means, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant, in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address or telephone number used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of a Contest.
- TELEPHONE AND DELIVERY DISCLAIMER. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, mis delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. Due to the time delay that exists between a Summit Media radio station’s over-the-air signal and its online webcast, listeners who listen to a Summit Media radio station online may hear Contest information or a cue to call later than listeners listening to the station’s over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning a Contest may be diminished.
- WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING. Winners will be chosen as Caller #5 at 865-656-1045 once the cue to call airs. Odds of winning depend on the number of people trying to call in and win. The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and will be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules or the specific Contest rules. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of Contests and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Any protest in the conducting of the contest, the selection of the winners, or the awarding of prizes must be made within three days of the conclusion of the contest; the resolution of any protest shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decision shall be considered final.
- NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and/or the Office Rules of the specific Contest, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call, after the date the Contest concludes. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification may result in disqualification. The potential winner will be required to claim their tickets at Soaky Mountain Waterpark in Sevierville on August 6th between 8:30am and 10:00am. Winners will be required to provide proof of identity, execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited), and a W-9 IRS Form, in order to claim his/her prize. A winner who executes these documents within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner of a Contest prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, or other means chosen by the Sponsor and indicated in the particular contest rules.
- PRIZES. Prizes are $25 Food City Gift Cards. Approximate retail value of the prize is $25. Gift Cards will be mailed to the winner. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
If winner requests that a prize be mailed to him/her, and Sponsor agrees to do so, winner agrees that Sponsor will send the prize by U.S. Postal Service, and that Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize will not be replaced if it is not received by winner.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, the Office Rules of the Contest, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor, Summit Media, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Each contest participant acknowledges and agrees that any telephone calls placed to the Station’s contest line may be broadcast live on the Station, and also may be recorded for use on-air at a later time. Winners may be required to sign a separate publicity waiver and/or release upon collecting a prize.
- TAXES. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded in the Contest become the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be required to fill out and return an IRS W-9 tax form. Valuation of prizes may be based on information given to Sponsor by the provider of the prize. All those who win a prize or prizes over a certain threshold value in any given year may be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor may cancel the Contest or any part of the Contest, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to be acting in violation of any federal, state or local law. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek legal remedies including damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, waive or change any of these Official Rules in a particular case, but will advise the public of such waiver or changes as practicable as possible after they are made.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest ; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- DISPUTES. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply the law of the state of the sponsoring station, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
If for any reason arbitration is not legal or available, then entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the entrant’s Summit Media radio station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the entrant’s Summit Media radio station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the entrant’s Summit Media radio station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the entrant’s Summit Media radio station is located.
- CONSTRUCTION. The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
- LIST OF WINNERS/COPY OF RULES. A copy of the Official Rules of the Contest, or list of the winners of the Contest may be obtained requesting a copy and sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Sponsor address identified below. A list of winners will be made available 30 days after the conclusion of the Contest.
SUMMIT MEDIA, LLC, 1533 Amherst Road, Knoxville, TN 37909